The Conductor Virtuoso
The Conductor Virtuoso is a USB DAC, Headphone Amp and Preamplifier. Most enthusiasts use its DAC and amplifier to drive their prized headphones with one beautifully-built, modestly-priced component. With over 4 watts of power on tap the Conductor Virtuoso will drive any headphone with ease. The Conductor Virtuoso’s headphone amp section is essentially the Soloist which reviewers have raved about. Or use the Conductor Virtuoso’s preamp functions to make it the center of a headphone and speaker-based desktop system with headphone option.
How Virtuoso is it?
Burson has significantly upgraded and refined previous generations of the Conductor. There is now a stunning 100-step of volume control with a new, easy-to-read display. When the Conductor Virtuoso is on the volume indicators appear on the face of the thick, anti-resonant aluminum front plate. You can choose from two interchangeable DAC boards with different sonic characteristics and the modular design makes for no-fuss upgrades. As always, Burson eschews densely-packed opamps and designs all discrete circuitry for superior tonality, clarity and a lower noise floor.
DAC Options are ESS9018 DAC or PCM1793 DAC
The remote control is worthy of the Burson badge, carved from solid aluminum with no visible screws. The touch and feel of Burson products matches their irresistible sound that pulls you into the music in a visceral, exciting way.
- Input impedance: 36.5 Kilo Ohms
- Frequency response: ± 1 dB 0 – 50 KHz
- Signal to noise ratio: >94dB
- THD: <0.03% at 30ohm with 1W output
- Channel separation: >73dB
- Output power: 4W at 16 Ohms
- Input impedance: >8K Ohm @ 1W
- Output impedance (Headphone Amp): 3 Ohm
- Output impedance (Line Level): 30 Ohm
- Power dissipation: 35W internal, regulated power supply
- Channel Separation: 140 dB @ 1KHz, 130 dB @ 20KHz
- THD+N: 0.0005% @ 1KHz, 0dBFS
- COAX & Toslink / SPDIF : 24 bits / 44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176.4K, 192KHz
- OS Requirement: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X
- USB: 24 bits / 44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176.4K, 192KHz
- Support up to 24bit @ 192 KHz with 10ppm low jitter clock
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode
- 1 x USB Connection (CM6631a USB Module)
- 1 x Coaxial RCA (Support up to 24bit @ 192Khz)
- 1 x Toslink / SPDIF (Support up to 24bit @ 192Khz)
- 2 x RCA line level input
- 1 x headphone jacks 6.35mm
- 1 x RCA Pre out
- 1 x RCA DAC out
- Weight: app. 6 kg
- Color: silver anodized aluminum
- Dimensions: 265 x 255 x 80 mm